All clothing items must be school-appropriate and are at administrative discretion.
In accordance with TPS district policy, all students attending school must follow the building dress code policy. The East Central High School dress code is as follows:
- Shirts - School appropriate collared (polo, oxford, button-down) or non-collared shirts in black, navy, white, gray, or red.
- Pants - Black, khaki, jeans, skirt, or shorts. ALL SHORTS AND SKIRTS MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN THE FINGERTIP OF THE STUDENT WHEN ARMS ARE HELD STRAIGHT AT THE SIDES IN A RELAXED MANNER.
- Black or Brown Belts
- School appropriate hoodies in black, navy, white, gray, or red.
Students may wear hoodies in the building as long as the hood is down in the back and never worn on the head. For school safety and security we must be able to clearly identify students on camera. Students who wear hoods in the building may be approached as an intruder on campus until able to be clearly identified. Students who wear hoods in the building may be assigned a consequence in alignment with the behavior plan. Students who demonstrate a pattern of non-compliance in regard to the hoodie policy may have their hoodie wearing privileges revoked at the discretion of school administration on an individual student basis.
- Students are to have their ID with them at all times on campus (physically or virtually) – zero tolerance
- Students who do not have their IDs with them will need to obtain a temporary ID from the TRAICE room
- Replacement IDs are $2 and can be purchased in the TRAICE room.
- Students may not carry another student’s ID.
(All prohibited apparel has a zero tolerance policy)
- Any clothing with graphics or logos that are not school appropriate
- Any accessories or items with drug/alcohol references, gang insignia, references to weapons/violence, etc. This includes belts with bullet casings as décor as well as bandanas.
- Sagging pants
- Leggings unless worn under a dress
- House shoes of any kind
- Chain wallets or watches
- Colors which are not school colors or listed in the approved colors for dress code in the section above.
- Spaghetti strap and sleeveless shirts
Joggers or sweatpants