TPS Update: Relaxation of uniform requirements
Given the potential for shifts between distance and in-person learning in the 2020-2021 school year, we are relaxing student uniform requirements. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges that some of our families face. We hope that relaxing the uniform requirements will provide some relief for parents as we prepare for an uncertain school year. If you have uniforms and wish to use them, you are welcome to do so. If you are in a situation where you would prefer not to purchase uniforms, your school leaders will be supportive of that decision as well.
If you need support with food, clothing, housing, utilities, or social services referrals, contact United Way 211 by texting “211OK” to the number 898-211 or calling 2-1-1 from your mobile device.
Our district dress code will remain in effect, and you can find those guidelines on our website. For more information about planning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Actualización de TPS: El uso del uniforme escolar no será obligatorio
Dado los posibles cambios entre el aprendizaje presencial y a distancia en el año escolar 2020-2021, el uso de los uniformes escolares no será obligatorio. Sabemos que la pandemia de COVID-19 ha creado o aumentado los desafíos económicos que enfrentan algunas de nuestras familias. Esperamos que esta decisión proporcione cierto alivio a los padres mientras nos preparamos para un año escolar incierto. Si tiene uniformes y desea usarlos, puede hacerlo. Si se encuentra en una situación en la que preferiría no comprar uniformes, los líderes de su escuela también apoyarán esa decisión.
Si necesita ayuda de alimentos, ropa, vivienda, servicios públicos o servicios sociales, comuníquese con United Way 211 enviando un mensaje de texto con el mensaje "211OK" al número 898-211 o llamando al 2-1-1 desde su dispositivo móvil.
Nuestro código de uniformes del distrito seguirá vigente y puede encontrarlo en nuestro sitio web. Para obtener más información sobre la planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021, visite www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
All clothing items must be school-appropriate and are at administrative discretion.
In accordance with TPS district policy, all students attending school must follow the building dress code policy. The East Central High School dress code is as follows:
- Shirts - School appropriate collared (polo, oxford, button-down) or non-collared shirts in black, navy, white, gray, or red.
- Pants - Black, khaki, jeans, skirt, or shorts. ALL SHORTS AND SKIRTS MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN THE FINGERTIP OF THE STUDENT WHEN ARMS ARE HELD STRAIGHT AT THE SIDES IN A RELAXED MANNER.
- Black or Brown Belts
- School appropriate hoodies in black, navy, white, gray, or red.
Students may wear hoodies in the building as long as the hood is down in the back and never worn on the head. For school safety and security we must be able to clearly identify students on camera. Students who wear hoods in the building may be approached as an intruder on campus until able to be clearly identified. Students who wear hoods in the building may be assigned a consequence in alignment with the behavior plan. Students who demonstrate a pattern of non-compliance in regard to the hoodie policy may have their hoodie wearing privileges revoked at the discretion of school administration on an individual student basis.
- Students are to have their ID with them at all times on campus (physically or virtually) – zero tolerance
- Students who do not have their IDs with them will need to obtain a temporary ID from the TRAICE room
- Replacement IDs are $2 and can be purchased in the TRAICE room.
- Students may not carry another student’s ID.
(All prohibited apparel has a zero tolerance policy)
- Any clothing with graphics or logos that are not school appropriate
- Any accessories or items with drug/alcohol references, gang insignia, references to weapons/violence, etc. This includes belts with bullet casings as décor as well as bandanas.
- Sagging pants
- Leggings unless worn under a dress
- House shoes of any kind
- Chain wallets or watches
- Colors which are not school colors or listed in the approved colors for dress code in the section above.
- Spaghetti strap and sleeveless shirts
Joggers or sweatpants