We love our students and team and are deeply dedicated to keeping everyone safe and well. Team Tulsa continues to work with health and safety experts to stay updated on the status and spread of coronavirus/COVID-19.
While this situation is changing by the hour, our most current information is as follows:
● To slow the spread COVID-19 in our community, all schools in our district will be closed through Friday, April 3. At this time, students will return to classes no earlier than Monday, April 6. Families should anticipate that there may be an even longer closure.
● District office buildings will be open Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, district buildings will be closed until Friday, April 3.
● Employees should anticipate that there may be an even longer closure. In the next three days, we will share information with our employees about their schedules through Friday, April 3. All staff will continue to be paid through Friday, April 3.
We will continue to share information and updates through email, text message, and on our website at www.tulsaschools.org/coronavirus. You can also sign-up for text message alerts from Tulsa Public Schools by texting “YES” to 67587.
For students, parents, and families:
● We will feed Tulsa Public School students and the students of our partner schools by providing “grab and go” meals at sites throughout the city. Meals will be provided on weekdays starting on Monday, March 23. Meal distribution locations will be available on our website by 2pm on Friday, March 20.
● If the closure extends beyond April 6, we will support parents by providing at-home resources and activities to keep students engaged. These materials would be posted on our website with printed copies available at our meal distribution sites. In the event of an extended closure, we will share more information about the distribution of resources and activities by Friday, March 27.
● At this time, students are expected to return to classes on Monday, April 6, although families should plan for a longer closure.
For Tulsa Public Schools employees:
● By Friday, March 20, employees will receive any necessary updates about their schedules through Friday, April 3. All employees will continue to be paid through Friday, April 3.
● To allow employees time to prepare for the closure, district office buildings will be open on Monday, March 16, and Tuesday, March 17. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, district buildings will be closed until Friday, April 3. Employees should plan for a longer closure.